I’ve been tagged by the inimitable lilly-white. (Apologies for taking so long to do this! I’ve been out and about a lot this summer!)
Give us five random things about yourself, then tag ten of your followers.
1. I am a huge fan of drag and drag performers. I’ve watched RuPaul’s Drag Race (all seasons) countless times and have seen live shows two or three times. I’m not really sure why I’m so drawn to it, but I am consistently impressed by drag performers’ confidence, their creativity and talents, and their refusal to confirm to a gender binary. (I also love a good reading for filth.) I even run a RPDR-centered tumblr that I started as a joke but somehow has over 7,000 followers.
2. I am currently a science teacher, but am not sure that I’ve found my lifelong career yet. My ideal job: be paid for reading whatever I want, including old-school science fiction and terrible horror novels, and being beholden to no one. Anyone wanna hire me?
3. I drift in and out of various fandoms, but have a longstanding love affair with FFVII. It was the first real RPG I ever played. I can still remember seeing the commercials for it on tv and being completely taken aback—it looked like nothing I’d ever seen before. (Whatever, I’m old.) And I’ve been an Aerith superfan since my first play-through.
4. The dog in my icon is my dog, Abby, and I am an obsessive dog-mom. She is horribly spoiled, but since she was adopted from a farm in Missouri, I feel like she’s earned it. She’s sleeping on the bed next to me right now.
5. I don’t drink coffee and never have. I only drink tea, and regular old black tea is my favorite. A colleague of mine was shocked to hear that I made it through graduate school fueled only by tea! :3
Tagging: whoever would like to do this, too!